Beginning in October 2019 the Beveridge Family Foundation is offering financial investments supporting organizations in Hampden and Hampshire Counties, Massachusetts. Investments considered are in three forms.
- Direct investments in things like loans for building projects
- Local Investment Funds such as a Community Development Financial Institutions (CDFI) or Social Impact Bonds (Pay for Success).
- ESG: Traditional Equities (stocks) with screens to remove companies engaged in undesirable practices, or activist investor tactics to influence those practices. This style of investing it often known as Environment, Social, and Governance or ESG.
Direct Investments have the following requirements:
- Reasonable low level of value and repayment risk
- Investment returns comparable to current fixed-income indices.
- Sufficient collateral or guarantee.
- Loan amounts of $50,000 to $250,000
- Loan terms of ten years or less, ideally three to five years.
- Adequate underwriting as performed by the Foundation using a third-party evaluator.
- Measurably advances community development, economic development, nonprofit development, environmental sustainability or land conservation.
- Benefits above for Hampden or Hampshire Counties in Western Massachusetts.
Direct Investment projects should begin by submitting our preliminary investment application found here.
Local Investment Funds will be judged by similar criteria with investment amounts between $100,000 and $500,000. Funds may be considered by contacting the Foundation directly here.
ESG Investments are being considered within our current equity holdings. We are not accepting solicitations for ESG Investments working instead with our investment advisors to evaluate funds and tools.